I. General Business
- Please review the Draft Minutes of November 2021 Meeting and reply via email if you approve – View Draft Minutes
- We have a slate of 7 proposed new directors, most of whom are replacing previous directors as their organization’s representative on the Board. Please review their bios and reply via email if you approve the nomination of the slate. –View Bios
- Staff Updates-The Council currently has to open positions on our staff:
- Longtime Federal Affairs Manager Taylor Pichette recently resigned his position in the Council’s Washington, DC, office to move back to New England and take a new position. We have reviewed over 30 applications for the new Director of Federal Affairs position, which will work primarily with the Higher Education Committee and the new Technology & Innovation Working Group. Emily Heisig has conducted the first round of interviews and narrowed the field of candidates, and we will be holding second round interviews next week. We are hopeful that the position will be filled by June 1. Director of Federal Affairs Job Description
- In addition, we have not yet filled the Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration position that was left vacant after Pam Seymour’s departure last fall. If you know of any strong candidates, please let us know. SVP, Finance & Administration Job Description
II. Membership Update – Membership growth also continues to be very strong. View Membership Report
To date in 2022:
- We have secured 31 new members, representing $141,000 in new dues revenue.
- We have an additional 13 new members committed, representing $70,000 in new dues revenue.
- That brings our current new dues total to $211,000.
III. Program & Policy Update
- Earlier this year, the Council relaunched our former Technology Committee as a new cross-sector Technology & Innovation Working Group that brings together members from across and array of industries to work collaboratively on issues impacting the region’s innovation economy. View Kick-Off Meeting Recap
- Policy Committee Updates – Our other policy committees continue to be very active, hosting meetings and advocating on our members priorities. View Policy Committee Report
- Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Committee Update – Our Diversity & Advisory Advisory Committee is also very active, and has plans for several events this year. View Recent Meeting Recap
- Recent Events – We have resumed in-person events this spring, while continuing to offer some events virtually: View Recent Events You can also view a Recent Event Highlight Reel at the bottom of this page.
- Upcoming Events – We have a vareity of other in-person and virtual events planned in the coming weeks: View Upcoming Events Calendar
- Washington Leaders Conference – Plans are well underway for our 2022 Washington Leaders Conference in just a few weeks. There are already over 160 people registered, and we have secured $142,000 in sponsorships to date.
- Annual Celebration- – We are looking forward to an in-person 2022 Annual Celebration on the evening of November 7, 2022, at the new Omni Seaport Hotel in Boston. Today, we have secured $1.242 in sponsorships from 88 businesses and organizations.
V. Communications Update
- Media Coverage – We continue to enjoy excellent coverage of our events in a variety of local and national media outlets: View Recent Media Coverage
- New Website – As you can see, we have a brand new website! We worked with JackRabbit design over the past 8 months to develop this new site, which is mobile friendly, and includes a number of new features. Please take some time to explore!
- Social Media- – With the addition of Ashley Lokken as our Digital Communications Specialist, we continue to employ new digital strategies, including more graphics and video elements, which has resulted in increased followers and engagement across all platforms. You can view our social media here:
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I hope to see you all at our Board Meeting in a few weeks!