The New England Council hosts a variety of events and programs throughout the six New England states, in Washington, D.C. and more recently, virtually.
Aside from our two signature events – the Washington Leaders Conference and the Annual Celebration—there are no costs or limitations for members to participate in Council events.
New England Council events provide opportunities for members to connect with key policy makers, to stay informed of the latest updates on legislative activity in Washington, D.C., and to learn from a variety of experts about some of the key issues facing the region. In addition, the programs are excellent forums for networking with fellow Council members.
The New England Council holds two signature annual events:
- Washington Leaders Conference – Held each May in Washington, D.C., this annual conference brings together over 200 Council members for two days of briefings, meetings, and networking with members of Congress, Congressional staff, and federal agency officials.
- Annual Celebration – Each fall, over 1500 Council members and guests gather for our annual gala dinner in Boston where we honor several New Englanders of the Year.
The Council hosts several regular event series:
- Capitol Hill Reports – Breakfast or lunch forums held throughout New England, featuring members of Congress. Guest speakers are primarily from the New England region, and on occasion, from other parts of the country.
- Capital Conversations – Breakfast roundtables with members of Congress and other federal policymakers held in Washington, D.C.
- Politics & Eggs – Breakfast series in New Hampshire featuring Presidential primary candidates, as well as other national political and media figures. Learn More (link to P&E detail page)
- Inside the Corner Office – Monthly virtual “fireside chats” with the leaders of New England businesses and organizations.
- Coffee with the Chief – Monthly “meet & greet” sessions with Congressional Chiefs of Staff, specifically for our Washington, D.C.-based members.
In addition to these signature events and regular events series, the Council also hosts a variety of programs with other elected officials, federal agency officials, and foreign diplomats, as well as an array of issue or policy focused seminars, forums, and panel discussions.