The New England Council seeks an experienced, energetic professional to serve as Executive Assistant to the CEO & Office Manager in our Boston headquarters. The New England Council is a non-partisan regional business association representing some 600 businesses and organizations throughout the six New England states. The Office Manager & Executive Assistant to the CEO will play a key role in providing administrative support to the CEO, while also ensuring efficient operations of the Council’s Boston office.
Location & Schedule
This position is based in the Council’s Boston, MA, office. While there is some flexibility for occasional remote work, this position will be primarily in office given the nature of the role and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Executive Assistant to the CEO Function:
- Managing email inbox; composing correspondence on behalf of the CEO; ensuring that all inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion and/or delegated to the appropriate staff.
- Managing all aspects of the CEO’s schedule, including internal and external meetings and events, and speaking engagements.
- Coordinating all travel arrangements.
- Preparing briefings for meetings and engagements in coordination with relevant membership and policy staff.
- Managing engagement with external boards and commissions.
- Providing support and assistance with technology.
- Other miscellaneous support and projects as requested by the CEO.
Office Manager Function:
- Serving as primary point of contact for several external vendors, including but not limited to accounting, IT, telephone & internet service.
- Managing all aspects of the office including, but not limited to, office maintenance, receiving and distribution of mail, ordering office supplies and maintaining office equipment.
- Initiating facility and equipment repair requests with building management and/or outside vendors and follows up through completion.
- Monitoring staff schedules and tracking time off.
- Coordinating staff travel arrangements.
- Assisting with reconciling staff expense reports and categorizing expenses.
- Hiring and supervising of student intern.
- Supervising Executive Coordinator and delegating tasks as appropriate.
- At least 3 years of experience providing administrative support to a senior executive; some office/operations management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in the completion of tasks and overall works with little supervision
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail; ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Must be able to handle highly confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software and aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Team player with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plan with employer contribution.