The New England Council is seeking an intern for our Washington, DC, office for the Fall 2022 semester. This paid internship position provides support to our policy, communications, membership, and events function in our small but busy Washington, DC, office. This position provides an excellent opportunity to see first-hand how policy developed by Congress and the federal government impacts the business community and the economy, and to learn about how stakeholders participate in policy development.
Location & Schedule
This position is in the Council’s Washington Office which is located in downtown Washington, DC, easily accessible by public transportation. We are ideally looking for a full-time intern, but are also open to part-time.
- Monitoring news and compiling coverage of key issues areas for NEC staff.
- Research on legislation and other federal policy matters.
- Tracking and reporting on legislative and policy developments, including attending hearings and public policy forums and reviewing legislative proposals.
- Assistance with planning and staffing of Council events, including Capital Conversations series featuring members of Congress and other federal leaders.
- Researching and writing blog posts for the NEC website.
- Assistance with website updates.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- An interest in government and politics, as well as business and economic issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, research skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong organization and time management abilities.
- Team player with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
This is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $16.50/hour.